Here's a look back at the goals I made for this year:
1. Stop letting people bully me or treat me like sh*t. If they don't like me and what I do, then tough luck. Next year, peg ko si Cherry J. for her focus and her no-nonsense approach. No more Miss Nice Joyce. I'm not vying for the popularity vote. Kanilang kanila na yun!
I guess I sort of accomplished this one, but I should try some more next year. I think maybe I should also edit this to add that I should also be more mindful of the duties and responsibilities of my job, and also spend more effort bonding with my newbies (who I guess still need less carinyo brutal and more actual carinyo, at least during their first year XD).
2. Save up for a car!!!
Done and done! I finally bought my first car -- a 1.3G Vios -- with my own money, last July! I feel like such an adult. *proud*
3. Learn how to do my own make-up.
4. Spend my vacation in Japan. By hook or by crook.
Fail on this one, too. But I was able to travel to other countries for Japanese-music-related stuff, so I guess it's not a total fail.
5. Learn to drive for real. (I do have a driver's license but I don't even know how to start a car. XD)
This was actually a 2012 goal that I gave up on for 2013 because I didn't think it was realistic. But I actually did it! I enrolled at a driving school and re-took the license exam, and got a new license without resorting to the lagay system. Hahaha! I really passed on my own merit! I should practice parking more, though. It always stresses me out.
Some my other achievements this year that weren't part of New Year's resolutions:
1. I saw GLAY live for the first time! After, like, over ten years of being a fan?!!
2. I saw Luna Sea again!! I already saw them back in 2008 at the hide memorial summit, where they announced that they had plans of getting back together. And when they finally did this year, I was able to see them at their first live tour!
3. Well, nothing beats seeing two of my most favorite jrock bands to jump-start my interest in learning Nihongo. So, years and years (and years) after I took Nihongo 10 and 11, I signed up for continuation modules at UP Linguistics. As of December 2013, I've completed up to Japanese Intermediate 1. I've also already signed up for the next module, which begins on January. :)
4. Traveled to Singapore for the first time (at a budget budget LOL!). I stayed at my friend's (Sherelyn) place, and she toured me around.
5. Established a fairly regular gym routine. I've been going to the gym on my lunch hour, and so far it's a lot more effective than dragging myself to gym after work, when I feel really tired already. I only get in around 30 minutes of actual workout time though, but at least I rarely miss a gym day.
6. I found a long-term renter for my Berkeley condo unit. Passive income, yes.
7. This one isn't really an achievement, but more of an update: my sister gave birth to my first-ever 1st-degree nephew! It's so exciting (and challenging) to have a baby around the house again. I don't know, but I feel more cheerful with him around.
8. Squall turned 13!!! ♥♥♥♥
Aaaaannnd here are my resolutions and goals for 2014:
1. Be more mindful of the duties and responsibilities of my job, and also spend more effort bonding with my newbies. And be nicer! (To the nice people, at least.)
2. Learn to do my own make-up.
3. Spend my birthday in Japan!
4. Learn to parallel-park.
5. Get JLPT level 3 certification.
6. Earn enough I-am-the-boss-of-me income so I can quit my day job any time I want to.
7. Keep loving Squall with all my heart. (This one's easy-peasy and good as done. :D)
I know I don't usually have a good track record when I have set more than 3 or 4 goals for the year. But I feel these ones (except for #6) are doable enough. And look: no diet and losing weight goals! That's an achievement in itself, yeah?
Wish me luck!